Effective Date: December 23, 2019; Last Updated: January 17, 2023
This policy describes Genesis Capital, LLC’s information collection and use practices on the places where it appears. These include websites, portals, and mobile applications. It applies to information we collect from you when you interact with us. This includes when you interact with us as a customer or consumer of our services. This policy does not apply to our employees.
NOTICE AT COLLECTION
Information We Collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on your relationship with us. It also depends on how you interact with us. California law requires us to tell you if we share categories of information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising. Described below by category is the information we may collect and if we share that category of information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising. To learn how to modify your cross-contextual advertising preferences view our Notice of Right to Opt-out of Sale/Sharing.
- Contact information. We collect your name and email address. We also collect your physical address and phone number. We may also collect your company name. In some cases, we may share this information for the purpose noted above.
- Demographic information. We may collect information like your age and date of birth. We may also collect your zip code and state. In some cases, we may share this information for the purpose noted above.
- Financial information. We may collect information such as net worth and credit scores from individuals associated with applicants. We may collect other bank account related information from borrowers.
- Employment information. We may collect resumes, education, and employment history from individuals associated with applicants. This includes information about your skills and qualifications for the project or position. We also collect this from job applicants.
- Submitted information. We collect any other information you voluntarily provide to us. This may include information you submit as part of loan inquiry or application.
- Site usage information We may collect information about the browser you are using and your browser activity when you are visiting our site and related sites. We may also collect information about the sites you came from and where you visit when you leave us. We may also collect your operating system and IP address. We may also look at the areas of our site you visit and any actions you make. We also collect device identifiers. This might include your hardware model. In some cases, we may share this information for the purpose noted above.We keep these categories of personal information as long as necessary or relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. We also keep information as required by law.
We Use Your Information As Described
We use the categories of information for the business and commercial purposes outlined here:
- We use information to communicate with you and process your application. We use information to evaluate your loan application and to facilitate ongoing transaction or account-related matters. We also use it to send you updates and to respond to your questions. We also use information to communicate with you about our policies and terms. If you apply for a job, we use information to process your application.
- We use the information to improve products and services. We use information to improve our sites and services. This includes customizing your experience with us.
- We use information for marketing purposes. We may use information to let you know about new developments or services. This may be about our offers or offerings of third parties. We also use information to provide you with newsletters or other content we think you may find interesting. We may do this by phone or email. We may also use your information to engage in interest-based advertising. This includes serving you with content on our platforms or on social media platforms. This may occur after you leave our sites or platforms and may encourage you to return. We may also serve ads that we think are relevant to you based on your browsing habits or online activities.
- We use information to protect ourselves and others. We use information to protect our company. This includes to identify fraud or secure our systems. We may also use information to protect our website visitors. We use information as otherwise described and permitted by law.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law (or as we may notify you).
WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN A VARIETY OF WAYS
We collect information directly from you. We collect information if you contact us or submit an application. We also collect information from you if sign up for email communications, or otherwise submit it to us. This could be in person, such as at events. It may also be over the phone or online or on a hard copy document.
We collect information passively. We collect information about users over time and across different websites and apps. We also work with third parties that collect personal information this way. We may use several common tracking tools to collect information. Tracking tools include browser cookies and web beacons. To learn more about cookies visit the FTC’s Online Tracking page. We may work with others to gather information on our platforms and elsewhere. We may do this on our websites and in emails that we send to you.
We collect information about you from others. Business partners may provide information about you to us. We may also collect information from referrals or industry associations. We may collect information from credit-rating services, public databases and property records. Entities that perform background checks may provide us with information.
WE COMBINE INFORMATION
We combine information that we have collected offline with information that we collect online as permitted by law. We combine information we have collected across other third-party sites. We combine information collected across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We also combine information that we get from a third party with information we already have.
WE MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION
Below are situations when we may disclose personal information. We have also explained the categories of entities with whom we might disclose your personal information.
- We disclose your information with vendors and others who perform services on our behalf. We may disclose all categories of information with trusted service providers. These include companies who help us deliver services to you. It also includes companies who help us evaluate your application. For example, background check providers.
- We may share information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising. We may share information with third parties in order to provide cross-contextual behavioral advertising. In the Notice at Collection (above) we outlined which categories of information are shared for cross-contextual behavioral advertising.
- We may disclose information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. We will transfer all categories of information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We will also disclose it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. This includes U.S. and non-U.S. law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
- We may transfer information with any successor to all or part of our business. If all or part of our business was sold, we may transfer all categories of information as part of that transaction. If there is a merger or acquisition, we may disclose your information.
- We may disclose information for other reasons we may describe to you or as permitted by law.
Additional information for California, Nevada and Virginia residents. California, Nevada, and Virginia law require that we tell you if we sell personal information with a third party for monetary or (in California) other valuable consideration. We do not do this. We also do not sell personal information of minors under the age of 16 for monetary or other valuable consideration. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information, as defined by California law, for inferring characteristics or for purposes other than those permitted by law.
YOU HAVE CERTAIN CHOICES AND MAY HAVE CERTAIN RIGHTS
You can opt out of certain marketing. To stop receiving our marketing emails please email us at email@example.com or follow the instructions in any marketing email message you get from us. If you opt out of marketing emails you will continue to receive emails from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
OUR COOKIE AND AD POLICY
- You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
- Notice of Right to Opt-out of Sale/Sharing: You can opt out of the sharing of your personal information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising by visiting the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, which provides consumers with the ability to manage certain choices online here and provides a tool for managing mobile choices here. Some browsers also allow you to tell websites not to share your information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising. We will respond to these signals in a frictionless manner. If you configure this setting on your browser, certain features on our site may not work and you will receive less targeted advertising. To learn how to configure this setting, view here.
- Options you make are browser and device specific.
If you live in California or Virginia, or a state with a similar law, you may have certain additional legal rights:
- You can exercise those rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the alternative you can call us at 800-663-2195. Those rights are listed below:
- Access: to learn the categories of information we collect and use, and for those in California, the categories of sources of collection and disclosure and the business purpose for collection;
- Portability: a copy of (Virginia) or specific pieces of (California) personal information collected;
- Deletion: to have us delete information we collected from you;
- Correction: asking us to fix your information; and
- Non-retaliation: not to be discriminated against for exercising a privacy right;
How it works. When you submit your request, we use information you provide to verify your request. We do this by matching the information you provide with information we already have about you. In some situations we may not be able to process your request. This may include if a legal exception applies. If you disagree with our decision you can contact us as described at the end of this policy.
Nevada residents: You may also opt out of the future sale of your information to a third party that may license or sell that information by emailing us as noted at the end of this notice.
Third party agents: If you are submitting a request on behalf of an eligible resident, we may ask for additional information to verify your identity. This may include providing proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to act on someone’s behalf or proof of a power of attorney.
OUR SITES AND APPLICATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN
Our sites and applications are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can contact us at the email or address above. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”
Parents can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online here.
WE USE REASONABLE SECURITY MEASURES
We use reasonable security measures as required by relevant law. The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
OUR PLATFORMS ARE BASED IN THE UNITED STATES
Information we collect may be stored and processed in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. The United States may not afford the same level of protection as the laws in your country. By submitting your information you agree to the processing of it in the United States as permitted by law. Additionally, we may take steps intended to prevent access to users attempting to access our sites and/or applications from outside the United States.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have other questions about this Policy or our privacy practices please email us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at:
15303 Ventura Blvd. Suite 700
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Attn: General Counsel
WE MAY UPDATE THIS POLICY
We may make changes or updates to this Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to this Policy as required by law. Changes will also be posted on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.